Inman News offers five useful things to consider from previous home buyers who have serious regrets afterward. I'll list them for you to think about:
1. Buying before you're REALLY ready in every aspect
2. Buying a house that's too small
3. Buying a home you can't truly afford
4. Unresolved conflicts between those you are co-buying with
5. Trying to fix a home beyond skill, time and resources
All I can advise is to be careful and make wise, thought-out choices. I certainly would not want to push you toward a hasty decision and it's my goal to be your representative for YOUR specific needs. This type of decision is truly life-changing... thinking is a good thing.